10 Qs with
Emergency Programs Manager- Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport
6. HAVE YOU READ A RECENT ARTICLE OR BOOK THAT INSPIRED YOU?
1. HOW DID YOU GET STARTED IN THE INDUSTRY?
I have been involved with the Fire Service and Emergency Management
for the last 27 years.
Ordinary Heroes by Joseph Pfeifer.
7. HOW DO YOU STAY ENGAGED WITH YOUR COMMUNITY?
2. WHAT PROJECT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
Nite to Unite, Coffee with a Cop, CERT.
The MSP Airport Active Threat Plan and Follow Green to Safer
8. WHAT’S A FUN FACT ABOUT YOU THAT PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW?
3. WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER TO BE A ROADBLOCK FOR WOMEN IN THE INDUSTRY?
I am the mother to 6 boys. I get lots of opportunity to manage emergencies daily.
9. ANY TIPS FOR WORK/LIFE BALANCE?
Having the same voice in the room as other colleagues.
It should be Life/Work balance 🙂
4. SHARE A HOT TOPIC OR TREND IN YOUR FIELD!
Climate Adaptation and the Long-Term Consequences to Emergency Management.
10. SHARE YOUR BEST CAREER ADVICE.
Always run towards an opportunity and not away from a situation.
5. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO SOMEONE GETTING THEIR START IN THE FIELD?
Take advantage of all the training offered to you.